Eating healthy is essential for being energized, staying fit, and feeling great. But let's face it, with our busy lives, cooking up a healthy meal can seem like a daunting task. No need to worry; we've got you covered! Eating a nutritious and energizing diet doesn't have to be time-consuming or hard work. Here are some easy tips to help you eat healthily even when you're short on time:
5 Must Do Tips
- Plan ahead: Set aside some time on the weekend to plan and prep your meals for the week. Chop up some veggies, cook some grains and legumes, and store them in containers. Also, always have staples on hand like your favorite canned beans, your favorite spices, whole grain bread and tortillas, frozen veggies and fruit, hummus, nuts, and seeds This way, you can easily put together a healthy meal in minutes during the week.
- Cook in bulk: Make more than you need of your favorite meals, and store the leftovers in portions for quick grabs during the week when you're short on time. Whole grains, beans, soups, stews, and chilis are great options for batch cooking.
- Meal delivery services: Many meal delivery services offer healthy, whole food options. Look for services that use fresh ingredients, limit additives like oils, preservatives, and sodium, and offer a variety of meal options to choose from. We listed some of our researched favorites below for you:
- Snack smarter: Keep healthy snacks like fresh fruit, hummus, raw nuts, air popped popcorn, and cut-up veggies on hand, so you have a quick and nutritious snack option.
- Keep it simple: Eating healthily doesn't have to be complicated. Focus on whole food plant-based options like grains, legumes, veggies, and fruit. Try to incorporate a variety of colors and textures into your meals for a balanced diet.
3 Things To Avoid
- Processed foods: Processed foods are often high in calories, unhealthy fats, sodium, chemicals, preservatives, added sugars, and most are lacking in essential nutrients. Instead, choose whole food plant-based snacks as mentioned above.
- Fast food: Fast food is often high in calories, unhealthy fats, chemicals, sodium, preservatives, and added sugars, and as with processed foods most are lacking essential nutrients. Try to plan ahead and bring healthy meals and snacks with you instead of grabbing fast food on the go.
- Skipping meals: Skipping meals can lead to overeating and unhealthy food choices later in the day. Even if you're short on time, make sure to eat nutritious meals and be prepared with healthy snacks on hand for when you get hungry.
For those who intermittent fast (which for many people is very beneficial), be prepared with a nutritious meal when you break your fast, as you will probably be very hungry going into your eating cycle.
Incorporating healthy eating habits into your busy schedule can be challenging at first. But with a little planning and preparation, it's totally possible, even for busy people like us! By meal prepping, batch cooking, using meal delivery services, keeping healthy snacks on hand, and simplifying your meals, you can easily eat a nutritious diet, helping you reach your health goals faster! Want more tips on living an energized, happy, and fulfilled life, or want to dig deeper in this area. We would love to help! Book a chat with us HERE.